TETR.IO is now in INFDEV!
by 2020/02/01 (Sat) 12:01:16 am (edited)at
TETR.IO has reached the INFDEV development stage! This means that I am now giving out access to test it on a wider scale to select people. This to allow more and more diverse people to play it and give their feedback on TETR.IO, without opening it fully to the public yet (and having to worry about making a bad first impression).
Want to try out TETR.IO? Contact me with your IP and why you would like to try out TETR.IO, and I'll add you to the whitelist!
- Planned for later: this won't be available until after release. But, it is something I hope to do.
- Development has not yet started: this is planned, but work on the feature has not yet started.
- Development has started: this feature has its framework set up and is being worked on.
- Development underway: this feature is starting to become reality and has minor functionality ready to implement.
- Development nearing completion: most of this feature is implemented, but it is not yet ready for release.
- Rough version complete: this feature is fully implemented, but may be overhauled - it's ready for an alpha release, but should be polished more.
- Fully complete: this feature is fully implemented and polished!
3. Multiplayer Lobbies
The feature to join a room by URL has been implemented (it makes short URLs like https://tetr.io/#7YhaIs6), completing the feature!
4. Quick Play
Quick Play has been implemented - join Quick Play and the room will automatically start an infinite loop of games as long as at least 2 people are in Quick Play!
9. Chat with players
Chat is nearly complete, but a swear word filter has yet to be implemented, and a few hotkeys may still be swapped around.
16. TETRA CHANNEL
All basic functionality of TETRA CHANNEL has been implemented. Stuff like MAPS and a list of players may be added later, but is not on the roadmap for Alpha (see the TETR.IO 44-Fact-Frenzy page for more info).
17. Personal Best
TETRA CHANNEL now happily saves your top 10 plays in all categories.
18. Global records
Likewise, TETRA CHANNEL now happily saves the top 1000 plays in all categories (note: the client only displays 100, but the standalone site will display all 1000).
19. Replays saved and can be watched
All plays are saved at least temporarily, and a nice replay link can be shared!
20. Custom game options
The CUSTOM GAME mode has been implemented, and already allows for lots of experimentation most other games don't provide. However, I hope to add more options to it in the future.
21. Profile w/ personal best displayed
TETR.IO displays nice badges of a user's scores when you click them. I hope to still add some extra info, like join date, before Alpha. More info could potentially go to the TETRA CHANNEL site.
41. Music by Hurt Record
I believe to have added most music I want to, but I can always add more when I find a purpose for it.
42. Controller support
Its implementation is rather basic, but I decided to add it already. Only the in-game controls work with controller (all else must still be done w/ mouse), but it's better than nothing (hence it does not get the polished icon).
Still to be done before Alpha...
- 5. Custom Multiplayer Rules
- 9. Chat with players
- 21. Profile w/ personal best displayed
- 22. Simple accounts system w/o hassle
- 39. Dazzling graphics
- 40. Custom wallpapers
Thank you for reading. If you're planning on becoming a tester, have fun!
at 2020/02/01 (Sat) 12:17:59 am